Introducing BLITZ, the first workout of a new series for individuals with a busy schedule. Smash two muscle groups, improve endurance and burn calories with this time efficient 20 minute session.
So, you hate having to skip the gym because you’re too busy at work, you’ve got to pick the kids up from school or run another one of your daily errands.
Designed for people constantly on the go, the BLITZ series aims to get you in and out of the gym as quickly as possible, having still completed an effective workout.
The principles are simple – GET THERE, GO HARD, GET OUT!
Workout: Legs and Core
This workout will improve balance, muscular endurance, core strength and you’ll continue to burn calories following completion, as long as you put the work in.
Hanging Leg Raises
- Keep your legs as straight as possible, point your toes and aim to get your feet as high as your head.
Single Leg Squats (one leg per set)
- Great for improving balance, this takes a lot of practice. Get as low as possible keeping the heel of your standing leg on the floor.
Medicine Ball Russian Twists
- Knees bent, feet flat on the floor, lean back at a 45 degree angle and engage the core. Rotate the medicine ball from left to right.
Side Leg Raises (one leg per set)
- Focus on something in order to keep your balance and raise your straight leg as high as possible out to the side.
Hanging Oblique Twists
- Use whichever grip you prefer and hang from the bar. Firstly, raise your legs as high as possible to engage your core. In a controlled motion, rotate your legs from side to side using your obliques.
Balance Ball Squat / Dumbbell Punches
- With a dumbbell in each hand lower yourself into the squat position on a balance ball. Try and get your hamstrings parralel to the floor, remain in this position and punch.
Bodyweight Wall Squat / Barbell Raises
- Lower yourself up against a wall until your hamstrings are parralel to the floor. Hold this position and either raise and lower a barbell above your head or keep it held above your head.
Jumping Switch Kicks / Squats
- Perform a switch kick with a jump, then squat and repeat on both sides.
45 seconds on each exercise followed by 15 seconds rest = 1 set.
Complete 2 sets.
For your third and final set, repeat either the first four or the last four exercises.
20 minute BLITZ complete.