Ever get fed up of going to the gym after a long day at work and your workout takes twice as long because it’s so busy?
It’s likely to be even busier this time of the year as people are still clinging on to their new year’s resolution to get fit and live a healthier lifestyle.
Give it a few more weeks and it will probably die down as people begin to lose motivation and miss watching their soaps with a takeaway.
In the meantime, why not mix it up and give this outdoor bodyweight circuit a blast. It can improve your strength, stamina, balance, co-ordination and a change of scenery can work wonders if your workouts have become repetitive.
The circuit is quick, simple and works all of your major muscle groups (chest, back, core, arms and legs). 12 exercises (one set), 45 seconds on each (as many reps as possible) followed by 15 seconds rest. Complete two sets and you’re finished in only 24 minutes… nice!
Running order is identical to the video above.
- Arab spring into back flip (something different and it’s FUN).
- Single leg jump squats (one set on each leg).
- Feet elevated press ups.
- Hanging leg raises (keep your legs as straight as possible, try to get your feet higher than your head).
- Box jumps.
- Pull ups.
- Tricep dips.
- Hanging abdominal twists (use your oblique’s to rotate your straight legs either side of your body).
- Frog jumps (jump as high and as far as possible).
- Chin ups.
- Sprints (sprint, jog, repeat).
- Hand walking (again something different, keep practicing to improve balance and co-ordination).